CAD Color Error
While opening .dxf files in CAD software, if you get an error similar to the following check the color name mentioned in the error.
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group: ACADLT
Customization file loaded successfully. Customization Group:
AUTODESKSEEK Improper table entry name ORCHID_FAUCET_HOLE_15″ on line 178.
Invalid or incomplete DXF input — drawing discarded.
Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or
[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] : _e Regenerating model.
In this error, notice ORCHID_FAUCET__HOLE_15″ on line 3. The ” is an invalid character in all CAD software and because the ” is used in the color name, your CAD software cannot open that file.
Invalid Characters are < > / \ ” : ? | , = `
To correct this problem:
- Open the .dxf file in the LT-55 XL software.
- Click Color and change the color name by removing all invalid characters i.e. < > / \ ” : ? | , = `
- Close the color menu.
- Save the file.
- Open the .dxf file in your CAD software.
Valid characters that may be used in your layer/color names:
- A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
- a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
- 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
- $ _ -