When you encounter a job site where you cannot see the entire surface that needs to be templated like a pillar for example, you can use the Re-Position Laser feature to obtain all the field measurements you need.
- Template the job from the first position as you normally would.
- Switch to Cross Mode and template 2 crosses that will be visible from the second position (position 2) after the laser has been moved. These 2 crosses should be at least 10 feet apart and are best to be on opposite walls.
- Pick up and move the laser to the second position making sure you can still see the 2 crosses you just templated in the exact same vertical and horizontal locations.
- Re-level the laser so that you can template both crosses again in the exact same locations.
- Click Draw.
- Click Re-Position Laser.
- Align laser to first of the 2 crosses (red laser hits the target). It is very important to do the crosses in the same order as you did before you moved the laser.
- Tap on the digital representation of the first cross on the screen.
- Pause and make sure the TabletPC chirps signifying that the measurement was received.
- Align laser to second of the 2 crosses (red laser hits the target).
- Tap on the digital representation of the second cross on the screen.
- Pause and make sure the Tablet PC chirps signifying that the measurement was received.
- Switch back to Line Mode and continue templating.